Ásmegin is a Norwegian black/folk/viking metal band from Jevnaker, Norway, formed in 1998. The name translates from Old Norse as "power of the god" (to wit the power of Thor, who was the bruiser of Asgard). They blend black metal with traditional folk melodies, using the violin; they also have a female vocalist. The lyrics are written in Norwegian as well as some Old Norwegian and Old Norse (the language of the Eddas).
After various demos being picked up by Napalm Records, they released their debut album, Hin Vordende Sod & Sø, a blend of black and folk melodies. Some of the tracks on Hin vordende Sod og Sø are modeled after the Norwegian play Peer Gynt by Henrik Ibsen.
Their new studio album, Arv, was released in November 2008.
2003 - Hin Vordende Sod & Sø
2008 - Arv
* Erik Rasmussen - harsh vocals, drums
* Lars Fredrik Frøislie - keyboards, piano, mellotron
* Marius Olaussen - guitars, bass, mandolin, accordion, mellotron, piano
* Raymond Håkenrud - guitars, bass, vocals, piano
* Tomas Torgersbråten - bass (is not playing on Arv)
* Bjørn Olav Holter - vocals
* Skule Jarl (Nordalv) - drums
* Iving Mundilfarne - flute, guitars
* Auðrvinr Sigurdsson - guitars, vocals
* Anders Torp - drums
* Tommy Brandt - drums
* Ingvild Johannesen (Sareeta) - vocals, fiddle
* Lars Nedland - clean vocals
http://www.asmegin.com/ Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.