Heidevolk was founded in September 2002, in Arnhem, The Netherlands. However it was originally named Hymir. They create folk-metal with clean vocals. Their music is inspired by nature, mythology, and the history of northwestern-Europe in general, and of the Dutch province of Gelderland in particular.
Heidevolk is a band which distinguishes itself by its unique style that, amongst other things, is a mixture of:
• Bombastic vocals in Dutch;
• Influences from folk music;
• Early-medieval/pagan stage-act;
• Alternating slow & fast rhythms;
• Lyrics about the history of paganism in the Netherlands, the Dutch province Gelderland, and the band's love for nature.
Wherever Heidevolk goes, there will be pleasure. The ambiance of a performance by this band can be described as men sitting around a long wooden table with an abundance of beer, meat, and beautiful women. Heidevolk is non-political and non-religious (naturally that means Heidevolk also excludes Satanism and Christianity).
Heidevolk current line-up consists of:
• Vocals - Boghtdrinker [ "Booze drinker" ]
• Vocals - Splintervuyscht [ "Splinter-fist" ] - also in Negationist and The Ruins Of Isenburg
• Guitar - Bloeddorst [ "Blood thirst" ] - also in Chariovalda
• Guitar - Bomenbreker [ "Tree breaker" ] - also in Thronar
• Violins - Speervrouw [ "Spear woman" ] - also in Chariovalda
• Drums - Vellenknotscher [ "Skinsbasher" ] - also in Autumnal Reaper, ex-Thronar and Bolthorn
• Bass - Roodbaert [ "Red-beard" ] - also in Bolthorn
More information can be found at their official website ♫ http://www.heidevolk.com. Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.