Solids may refer to:
1) A rock band from Montreal, Canada.
2) An Australian improv trio.
3) A Japanese fictional idol group.
1) Solids are Xavier Germain-Poitras & Louis Guillemette. The duo formed in 2009 in Montreal and have since released an EP called 'Generic Dogs EP'. It's available on their Bandcamp.
2) "A mass exodus of Perth characters to Melbourne in the mid-'90's led to (Julian) Williams forming classic Australian improv trio Solids. Beginning as a warped, wracked pop outfit, whose early releases betrayed strong influences from The Fall and other early '80's acts whose music expanded from pop constructions to free territories, Solids eventually exploded into a pure improvised experience. While their work still roughly adheres to a 'song' format - largely due to Greg Wadley's consistently rhythmic, metronomic drum pulses - Williams and third member Jad construct juddering walls of guitar and analogue keyboard wail over the top, at times torturous, at times atmospheric. Their work has been documented on a handful of From the Same Mother cassettes, and a limited 7" single, "Padma Gling-pa"."
3) SolidS (with capital "S" in the last letter) is a Japanese fictional idol group under Tsukino Talent Production. The members are Shiki Takamura (CV: Takuya Eguchi), Tsubasa Okui (CV: Soma Saito), Rikka Sera (CV: Natsuki Hanae), and Dai Murase (CV: Yuichiro Umehara). Official page. Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.