There are three bands called 'Hills'
1. A Swedish psychedelic/krautrock band that formed in 2007.
2. Singer songwriter from the Netherlands.
3. A surf rock band from LA.
1. Hills formed as a 3-piece in Gothenburg, Sweden 2007, aiming to make music that focuses on the groove/sounds and rhythm instead of the lyrics/message and classical songwriting structures. To create a meditative space heavily dependent on improvisation. To create a feeling but not necessarily to explain it through words. Influenced by everything from the early experimentation of John Coltrane via the repetitiveness of Velvet Underground, Krautrock / Psych in general and the grimness of early black/ death metal bands such as Hellhammer and punk. Hills try to keep it honest, analog and raw in the very best way they can.
2. Under the guise of Hills, singer songwriter Anne-Maarten van Heuvelen plays rootsy songs.
3. Hills from LA play cool surf rock and are impossible to find online apart from here:
http://hillstheband.bandcamp.com/ Read more on Last.fm. User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License; additional terms may apply.